Tuesday, June 25, 2013

On getting fit and failing to maintain... again and again...

So last year I completed Round 3 of the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation... It was great! Just the kick I needed get started. I had a great friend for support and we absolutely smashed it together. I lost close to 10kg, re-gained a whole lotta fitness and found my muscles hidden under that lost fat, even started growing said muscles a little.

I was on a high, the round finished late November. I bit the bullet & signed up for a second round. I started out, or rather kept on going at the the same pace. But somewhere after Christmas, during the height of the FNQ summer heat with the changing demands of life with a baby reaching 1 year old and the shifting priorities for both my friend & I, here I am at the start of May, 5 months later. I stopped, I have a whole book of reasons and I hate every one of them. It got harder to get moving.

On top of the getting harder to get moving, my food choices slipped.  My ability to say no to regular treats waned.  Food is without a doubt the most important factor in weight control.

And so it's time to throw out the book of reasons and start eating for nourishment AND Just. Get. Moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment