It works well for us to provide left overs for lunches the following day. It also freezes well to store a meal for those days that there are no left overs from the previous night for Mr BE to take to work. It is also a great dish to prepare when having guests over, it's easy to prepare, doesn't necessarily look too flash on the plate but the flavours are always a hit.
[Original Recipe Credit: Taste.com.au Baked Moroccan Chicken & Rice]
What's in it...
- 1 cup basmatti rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 green capsicum, diced
- 2 med tomatoes, diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 500g chicken thighs, 2cm slices
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons moroccan seasoning
- 1 generous teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Put it together...
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Spread basmatti rice evenly in the base of a baking dish.
- Spread diced onion, capsicum & tomatoes over the rice.
- Combine the lemon juice & chicken stock, pour over the rice/vegetable mixture.
- Combine the apricot jam, moroccan seasoning, garlic & olive oil in a bowl to make a glaze.
- Coat the chicken strips with the glaze and lay on top of the rice/vegetable mixture in the baking dish. Spread any remaining glaze mixture on top of the chicken.
- Place in the oven, uncovered for 35-40 mins or until chicken is cooked & rice has absorbed the liquid. Serve with steamed vegetables.
|Putting it all together|
|Out of the oven & onto my plate... Mmmm|